Back with another installment of allergy-friendly recipes! It's slow-going around here, trying to find recipes that we can literally ALL eat. Jim is gluten intolerant, but Graham can't have rice and only small amounts of quinoa; Jude can't have oats. This recipe works pretty well for all of us; we just have to add or subtract certain items and everyone is happy!
1/2-1 lb of grassfed beef cut into strips (Whole Foods sells some pre-cut into stir-fry strips that is really inexpensive!)
2 organic peppers of your choice (we use orange and yellow), cut into strips
1 organic onion
1/2 C-1 C of frozen organic peas, or fresh snow peas
1 C of frozen organic broccoli, cauliflower and carrots (Costco has a giant bag that we love!)
2 C cooked quinoa (we cook ours in water with a hefty pinch of himalayan salt)
1) Preheat a cast iron skillet with some coconut oil
2) Cook quinoa in separate pan; let it cook while you are taking care of the stir-fry
3) Place steak strips into skillet and season well with himalayan salt
4) Mince 2-3 cloves of garlic and add to pan when steak is partially done; cook for one minute
5) Add peppers and onions; cook until they have started to sweat and soften
6) Adding more coconut oil if needed, add frozen veggies to the skillet; stir, and cover
7) If histamine intolerant, serve immediately as-is, freezing any leftovers in individual portions as soon as possible
8) If you can tolerate it and want more 'Asian' flavor, add liquid aminos or coconut amino and sesame seeds to your plate once made
That's it! Super easy and quick, so it's perfect for weeknight dinners, and can be accommodated for just about any allergy. That, my friends, is a keeper in our house!